Emotional Health & Wellbeing
We are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff.
We have a supportive and caring ethos and our approach is respectful and kind, where each individual and contribution is valued.
We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, and anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
- effective working with parents and carers
- supporting and training staff to develop their skill and their own resilience